What is your Skin Type?
The 5 basic skin type
When purchasing skincare products forget the fancy packaging and heavy marketing tactics, the most important factor to consider in your skincare routine is your skin type and the ingredients that work best for your skin. Getting to know our skin will save you a lot of headaches and frustration of trying different products that is not compatible with your skin. There are five main types of skin: oily, normal, combination, dry and sensitive. In the next section, we will break down how to tell skin types!
How can I tell my skin type?
- Oily skin gives the appearance of shine or excess oiliness. Oily skin will often have blackheads since pores are clogged when there is too much oil production causing occasional acne breakout.
- All skin is normal, that’s first and foremost. In skincare, normal means skin is well balanced and has little to no real concerns. Be sure to use healthy anti-aging products to maintain the balance for nourishing skin.
- Combination skin simply means that skin has two or more issues, like dryness and oiliness, in two different areas. Typically, people who have combination skin will have an oiler T-Zone (forehead, nose, and chin) while their cheeks will appear drier.
- Dry skin is the opposite of oily. It’s skin that doesn’t have enough oil. It may feel tight or look dull. Severe dryness can cause flakes, peels, and skin that cracks. Drinking plenty of water can restore the hydration levels in the skin and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! FYI: Dry skin and dehydrated skin are two completely different things. Dry skin lacks oil and dehydrated skin lacks water, but it is possible to have both dry and dehydrated skin at the same time.
- Sensitive skin is skin that has reactions to stressors, including some skincare products. Sensitive skin can appear red, can be itchy, and can cause discomfort. Sometimes sensitivity isn’t always easy to see, and it’s just about the way the skin feels, cautious of using harsh products on your skin.
Skincare for all skin types
While everyone needs the essentials (SPF, moisturizer, cleanser) there are very few products that work well with every single skin type. Luckily, we can help with that!
The Blass Balm (our signature product that launched the Blass Beauty Brand) is the perfect, all natural, all-over skin moisturizer. Since its formula is gentle, its safe for every one of the five types of skin. We recommend that you start and finish your day with a layer of our Blass Balm to improve skin’s natural texture, tone, and appearance. Once you find out what you skin type is your are able to find all the products and beauty tools that can get you the nourishing and vibrant you are looking for!