Different skin types need different facial moisturizers, which come in different textures and thicknesses.
- Oily skin: The best moisturizer for oily skin is a water-based, oil-free moisturizer like a gel moisturizer, which has no oil in it. Gel moisturizers are mostly humectants-based with rejuvenators for additional benefits. These non-greasy, lightweight moisturizers are good for acne-prone skin.
Oily skin gives the appearance of shine or excess oiliness. Oily skin will often have blackheads since pores are clogged when there is too much oil production causing occasional acne breakout.
- Dry skin: A cream will be the best moisturizer for dryness because its thickness means it will feel relatively heavy on the skin and will take longer to dry. A moisturizing cream contains both oil and water ingredients—humectants to draw in moisture and oil ingredients to retain moisture.
Dry skin may feel tight or look dull. Severe dryness can cause flakes, peels, and skin that cracks. Drinking plenty of water can restore the hydration levels in the skin and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! FYI: Dry skin and dehydrated skin are two completely different things. Dry skin lacks oil and dehydrated skin lacks water, but it is possible to have both dry and dehydrated skin at the same time.
- Normal/combination skin: This skin type can use any type of moisturizer. If your skin is normal but on the dry side, you might want to use a thicker, cream moisturizer. If your skin is normal but on the oily side, a gel or gel cream/water cream might be best.
- Sensitive skin: People with sensitive skin should look for fragrance-free moisturizers that are free of parabens and irritants. Sometimes sensitivity isn’t always easy to see, and it’s just about the way the skin feels, so it’s important to be cautious of using harsh products.
Blass Beauty Body Butters
Say goodbye to dull, dry skin after applying one of Blass Beauty’s nourishing body butters! Our natural body butters are packed with an amazing assortment of skin healing ingredients that will help heal, soften, and replenish dry skin types in need of a serious water and oil infusion.
- Dark Spots
- Signs of Aging
- Stretch Marks
Benefits of natural body butters
Body butters are one of the best ways to give dry, parched skin a boost! The benefits of body butters include:
- Building a stronger, protective layer on the skin
- Wrinkle and fine line prevention
- Soothe rashes, sunburn, and chronic dry skin
- Renew your skin’s surface
Shop Blass Beauty skincare
Get all of your full-body skincare needs from Blass Beauty! In addition to our soothing body butters, you can give your face a hydration boost with the Blass Balm. Shop our full collection of skincare favorites to level up your beauty routine!